Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Music Monday; Etta James

Some sad news this week, Etta James is very sick,and not expected to make it. I've enjoyed her music most of my life. A stunning vocalist, her live shows were amazing. Good blues, great singing, and taking pop songs,twisting them around, adding in a little raunch and a lot of spice, Etta was unique. When we were a young married couple,my wife would tag along to blues festivals and concerts with me,  but not really a fan of the music. She would tag along just to "share interests". She went to Blues Festivals with me, I would to  shows like Neil Diamond and the Monkees with her.  But once she saw Etta James Live, she became a blues fan. Etta opened up the world of the Blues to my wife. This is the song Etta released that stunned the world;



  Our thoughts and prayers are with Etta, and her family. Thank you for a generation of great music, soaring vocals, and turning my wife into a blues fan. I will always cherish Miss James for those things.

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.
 
PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!


Over on the Real Blog; we looked at our top five posts by page views, sort of a popularity contest; Your Five Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Mike is absolutely right. She blew me away the first time i ever say her singing "Come to Mama". I became a lifetime fan at that exact moment. It will be a great loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about her such a shame all the good ones are going. ...great track too

    Hope you had a good Christmas day :-)

    ReplyDelete